Tuesday, July 9, 2013

52 Projects: Embroidery

This seems to be the year of embroidery for me, and I can tell you why:  It's cheap, and it's fast.  You can embroider almost any image, and so it's great for personalizing gifts.


This was my big January Project, and I should tell you that I'm ridiculously proud of it.  I love how it represents all my hobbies, but in a sort of rock-star way.  


I drew this one up myself, which is kind of a big deal.  I'm not very confident in my drawing skills at all. This was my favorite quote from April's general conference. 


My son's kindergarten teacher is off to france this summer, so I put this bag together for her.  


This was Aidan's gift to his ballet teacher at the end of the school's season as well.  It's based off of a photo of the company dancers from his school, and was also hand-drawn. 


This one might compete for one of my favorites of the year.  Not only is this quote something we often live by in our house, but if you've seen the episode of Parks and Recreation that this quote came from, please understand that this scene had my jeweler husband cringing and laughing hysterically at the same time.   This was his father's day gift, and will be hanging in his classroom this fall.  Here's that scene.

Oh, Joan.  Oh, Mad Men.  You kill me every year when I realize that the season finale is upon us, surprising me even though I knew it was coming.  To deal with the loss, I stitched Joan up with a quote of hers as well.  She's headed to our upstairs bath to remind me not to limit my goals. 


I've got another project in a hoop right now- Aidan and I are writing a story that I'm illustrating with embroidery.  We'll see how that turns out. 

Tomorrow:  Knitting! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking a moment to leave me a note. It means a lot!