Thursday, July 11, 2013

52 Projects: Sewing

This year, sewing has gotten a little selfish (and I kind of like that).  I've been working on learning to make clothes for myself, and I'm really enjoying it.   This first top is one thing I'm really happy with- I wish the fabric were a little more clear, but it's waves and paper sailboats.  Yes, I did get it from the juvenile prints section.  I love it anyway. 


Two sets of bowties also happened this year- one for my sister's wedding, seen here: 


and another set, for Fathers' Day.  Once again, the boys helped choose the fabric.  


For my little sister's birthday this year, I made her a towel-blanket for her swim meets.  It's almost as big as a twin-size blanket, and I hope she'll get lots of use out of it. 


Below is a project I started last year, but never completed.  It was a muslin to try out a circle skirt pattern, later worn in a play, that was very wearable once I finished it.  (I did say finish 52 projects in a year, not start them, so I'll count this one as good). 


Not pictured are the valances I sewed for my mother's living and dining rooms.  They're rectangles of fabric that look nice.  You get the idea.  Also, some pajama pants sewn for my sister's bridal shower, got away before I got a picture,  but I'm sure you get the idea there, too.

Thanks for sticking with me, and indulging me!  Tomorrow I'm wrapping up with the Miscellaneous projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking a moment to leave me a note. It means a lot!